ADKHighPeaks  
Forum Rules Statement of Purpose Membership Disclaimer Site History
Adkhighpeaks Foundation Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Wiki visit ADKForum.com

Go Back   ADKHighPeaks > Friends, Family and Personal Items > Photography
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #21
Trail Boss
Ascender

I am a 46er I cross post at ADKForum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar View Post

Push harder?
Tried that. Said it needed to be formatted. Not sure which format to use:
FAT32 (Frikkin Ancient Transparency)
NTFS (Not That Frikin $hit)
Trail Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #22
Trail Boss
Ascender

1984. In the Whites. Me and my Jansport D3 plus my girlfriend's pack.

I'm sure I have a few prints from the 70's ...
Old 04-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #23
Raymond
Consultant

I am a 46er
Just copy your slides the way I did last year on the cheap. Set your camera on top of the projector and photograph the projected images.

Like this. Here are Susan and Cam from 1998 at Pemaquid Point lighthouse:

Doesnít look too bad. I wouldnít blow it up to 11"x14", but itís all right small or online.

Some came out better than others. I didnít bother going back to re-do any because I only needed them tiny to fit onto a calendar.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #24
Commissionpoint
Alpine Addict

I cross post at ADKForum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Boss View Post
Holy crap! You steal those shorts from Catherine Bach or what??!!
I know it sounds corny, man, but I like to bring folks joy, and I like to have a good time. I know folks like to be with somebody who's having a good time. You sure as hell don't want to be with somebody who's having a bad day.
-WJ

Commissionpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #25
Trail Boss
Ascender

Thanks for the laugh!

Definitely not Daisy Duke shorts! Those are electric blue Adidas running shorts with three red stripes, of course. Freedom of movement!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #26
Commissionpoint
Alpine Addict

I cross post at ADKForum
Geez. The 80's. Such wardrobe decisions we had to make back then. I know just the shorts you mean. I always had the royal blue with white srtipes though, and no, I am not posting any pics of them. That level of bravery is beyond my abilities.
I know it sounds corny, man, but I like to bring folks joy, and I like to have a good time. I know folks like to be with somebody who's having a good time. You sure as hell don't want to be with somebody who's having a bad day.
-WJ

Old 05-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #27
Hear the Footsteps
552/552

I am a 46er I am a Catskill 35er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Boss View Post
Anyone know how to stuff an Ektachrome into an SD slot?
Ektachrome was nice...but how about Kodachrome ASA 25

Don
Hear the Footsteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #28
Raymond
Consultant

I am a 46er
Or even better, Velvia 50. Ektachrome was supposed to be better for blues and greens, Kodachrome for reds and yellows, but Velvia really popped.

Photo places like Ritz Camera will digitize slides, but I donít know if the slides will stay in their mounts or be removed, and I donít know how sharp theyíll come out if they arenít unmounted first. Thatís always been a worry for me. No sense paying to have it done if the results arenít tack sharp.

It would get real expensive real fast, too, Iíll bet. Iíd love to have a scanner, but I suspect Iíd have to spend way too much money to get a decent one, and I donít know whatís a decent one.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #29
Jack7957
Jr. Commander

adkhighpeaks Site Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
It would get real expensive real fast, too, Iíll bet. Iíd love to have a scanner, but I suspect Iíd have to spend way too much money to get a decent one, and I donít know whatís a decent one.
I've got one I bought for a small project, that's done now, that's been sitting around waiting to go on EBay...

http://www.amazon.com/Veho-VFS-008-S...7174082&sr=1-3

I paid about $100 with shipping, I'll let it go much cheaper though if you're interested. I liked it since it was a stand alone, I could sit there while watching TV and scan at the same time, instead of needing to be in front of the computer.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #30
Snav3
Jr. Commander

I am a 46er I am a Catskill 35er
slide scanners

We had a slide scanner at Kodakís employee camera club, long gone now, but there was also one at a local photography co-op. They would let anyone use it for a small donation.

Slides did not need to be removed from their mounts and the quality was excellent, better than any photo scanners I have used. These scanners also could do negatives.
Snav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #31
TakeAHike

I cross post at ADKForum
My first ADK experience was a 3 day trip up LWJ, UWJ, Armstrong and Gothics back in 07. The weather man called for a 30% chance of showers that weekend... he was wrong, 24 straight hours of rain that began on UWJ and ended when we arrived at the car the next day.

Me on top of Gothics in my orange lacrosse shorts and a cotton shirt. The things we do for fun

"Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery of why we climb."
TakeAHike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #32
ScAtTeRbOnE
Balsam Sniffer

adkhighpeaks Site Supporter I am a 46er I am a Catskill 35er I cross post at ADKForum
I hiked near Lake George when I was young and took a couple family trips camping, Cedar River Flow once for sure. This pic is from my first hiking season back in fall of 2004 on a big boulder between Cascade and Porter, my 2nd and 3rd High Peaks.
[IMG][/IMG]

ScAtTeRbOnE's Adventures

"We are now in the mountains and they are in us, kindling enthusiasm, making every nerve quiver, filling every pore and cell of us. Our flesh and bone tabernacle seems transparent as glass to the beauty about us, as if truly an inseparable part of it, thrilling with the air and trees, streams and rocks, in the waves of the sun, a part of all nature, neither old nor young, sick nor well, but immortal." John Muir from My First Summer in The Sierra
ScAtTeRbOnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #33
Marykaa
46/46 & 14/48

adkhighpeaks Site Supporter I am a 46er
I just saw this thread so I can't resist bumping it..
I used this picture in my fitness log when we did Marcy in 2007.. only did one ADK highpeak between the 2 hikes to Marcy and that was Gothics in 2006. I'm not counting the first Marcy in my 46.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marykaa For This Useful Post:
Pru (09-07-2012), Rob S (09-10-2012)
Old 09-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #34
Commissionpoint
Alpine Addict

I cross post at ADKForum
I'm still looking for a set of photos that has me in an Air Force surplus coat with the faux fur trim around the hood and Army surplus wool pants on a set of wooden frame snowshoes with gut strings from March 1988. That would be the oldest picture I have of me in the High Peaks. I am also looking for one in particular of me and my dad climbing Black in 1977. That was my first hike ever. When I have some time this off season I will locate them and scan them so you all can have a good laugh.
-WJ

Old 09-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #35
Pru
Urban Hiker

adkhighpeaks Site Supporter I am a 46er
This is a great thread - thanks for the entertainment! I wish I had a photo from my first Adirondack hike - it was in 1990 and I think I was in 10th grade, looking very 80s, dressed in very inappropriate clothing/footwear, and carrying the bag I used for schoolbooks - and probably just one bottle of water. Can't even remember which mountain it was.
Pru is offline   Reply With Quote